2010年1月12日火曜日

Acknowledgement

Finally, my graduation thesis was over.
It was a long and hard work, though I'm not sure my paper is good enough for a M.A. student.
Anyway, I did my best.

Looking back on my school life,
I think of so many people who have supported me.

Particularly, my friends and my supervisor...
The friendship with them will last forever..
Though there is a possibility that we keep in touch less and less
as time goes by..
Sometimes because my friends or I am too busy..
or sometimes because of geography..

But the only thing I can say is that I always remember them
when I feel down, when I feel like giving up on something.
I will look up the sky and wonder what they are doing,
whether they are fine..
Recalling the time when we struggle with linguistics together will always cheer me up in the future.

I had broiled meat with my friend for lunch.



And my supervisor.
I haven't told her this but one of the reason to decide to go to grad school is her.
I wanted to be like her.
She is so much interested in languages.
She loves her students.

She taught me so many things..
such as how to learn a language.
She was the first person to tell me that my English is poor,
and she told me how to learn a language: she told me to "read a loud an English book (I chose "Cheese Burgers" by Bob Green).
I went to her office once a month so that she checked whether I memorized it correctly,
whether I can pronounce correctly, whether I can speak English correctly..
Thanks to her, I had gone up 200 scores on TOEIC test.

To me, she was something like a mother.
She also taught me what is like to be an adult.
What is like to be a pro.
She always gives me a guide in life.

When you start to work, you have to gain two kinds of knowledge: things to know as an adult and things to know as a pro.
If you are told, it sound like nothing special,
but how many people actually take action?

Here is my two actions which I'm going to do.

1. What I would like to do to gain knowledge as an adult
・Read newspaper.

My knowledge about politics and economics is .. less than an junior high student.
I want to learn about politics and economics
and want to be a person who know what to see in this era, in this economic crisis.

2. What I would like to do to gain knowledge as an pro
・Be trained as a translator

I'm going to work as a translator from next April.
So I'm going to a school for a translator.
I've already decided which school I'm going to.
There, I can study not only translating but also speaking.


Well, anyway, my school life is coming to an end.
Though I'm released from reading papers and writing the thesis,
I'm definitely, definitely going to miss my supervisor..

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿